Sapiens: A Brief History of HumankindRegular price $24.99
Save Liquid error (product-template line 116): -Infinity%
From a renowned historian comes a groundbreaking narrative of humanity's creation and evolution that explores the ways in which biology and history have defined us and enhanced our understanding of what it means to be "human." One hundred thousand years ago, at least six different species of humans inhabited Earth. Yet today there is only one – homo sapiens. What happened to the others? And what may happen to us? Most books about the history of humanity pursue either a historical or a biological approach, but Dr. Yuval Noah Harari breaks the mold with this highly original book that begins about 70,000 years ago with the appearance of modern cognition. From examining the role evolving humans have played in the global ecosystem to charting the rise of empires, Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind integrates history and science to reconsider accepted narratives, connect past developments with contemporary concerns, and examine specific events within the context of larger ideas.
- Return Policy: We will gladly accept returns for any reason within 30 days of receipt of delivery.
- Shipping: Ship times quoted in checkout are estimates of time in transit after your product leaves the fulfillment center. Some items in your order may ship separately to arrive faster.
- Availability: Ships to the United States and Puerto Rico.
- Shipping Policy: For more information, see our Shipping Policy here.
- Availability: Available shipping to the U.S.A. and Puerto Rico only.
Item No. OTF-S-9780062316110